Wednesday, January 14, 2009

7 Random Thoughts

My daughter tagged me so I am supposed to write 7 random thoughts about myself. HMMMMM.... let me see.

I love reading but lately I don't seem to have time to read. I am busy trying to finish school. but I wanted to read all these books during my break but I didn't get to any of them. I even bought my textbooks early so i could get a jump start on school--- have I picked them up? No.

I love TV, or more importantly I love my DVR! I love not having to watch a show when it is on, I can watch it when I want and eliminate the creepy commercials! but lately I am realizing that it is my escape from real life. As I was watching 24 last night I realized that i could be reading a really good book, but I can't tear myself away from the increasingly cheesy Jack Bauer.

I love to sing, but I never seem to listen to music except when I am in my car. Why? I don't know. I remember when I was a teenager, I would stay in my room for hours trying to write down the lyrics to songs that I loved (pre -lyrics being included in cds). And when I was a little kid, I would play Donny and Marie--complete with microphone and pretend stage (yes I even have an autographed photo of the beloved duo). I loved musicals and would learn every song by heart so I could sing along. What happened to me?

I love to bake and cook and come up with my own versions of recipes, but do I ever cook anymore? I tell you no I don't. again, why is this? It comes time for dinner and I would love something really good but I can't quite make myself get in there and do it. Sandwiches and burritos are way too easy.

I love my bed. A couple of years ago, we bought a Tempurpedic mattress, and boy let me tell you, it was worth every penny!! I think I want to live in my bed forever! It is the first place I want to be at the end of a very long day--- and sometimes I wake up and never get out of bed! I have my books and my TV---its heaven! I also love that it is the place where my family gathers at the end of the day to read scriptures or say prayers or both, or just to hang out and talk or watch DVR shows. I LOVE MY BED!!

My idea of the perfect vacation is laying on a beach with the warmth of the sun permeating my bones. The sand between my toes, and the salty sea water beating against my back. I love the beach! It has always been the place I long to visit, and when it has been too long, I get weepy when i see the shore again.

I dream about seeing the world and serving the people in it with my husband. I can't wait until we are able to pick up and leave at the drop of a hat. I would love to serve a welfare mission---I hope that we will be able to serve many missions. I love how it feels when the Lord blesses me with someone to serve.

OK I think that is 7!! So I guess I need to tag someone else??!! Everyone beware.

1 comment:

queenbee4 said...

I loved your list... you ARE a great cook. I almost forgot that. YOu have agreat voice- you should sing more.