Saturday, August 22, 2009

The tide is changing...just a little bit!

Tonite I went to see the movie "Post Grad" it was surprisingly funny and not at all what I was expecting when I went to see it...It is about a young woman who has just graduated from college and finds out what life is like when it doesn't go exactly according to the plan...It was sort of an epiphany for me... here is a trailer for your viewing pleasure:


Well, life is as unpredictable as ever...I have spent the past 4 months agonizing over what I should do, what Doug should do, what Zoe should do, and what effect all of our decisions will have on each other and especially Holden and Maya...but what I have found is that I have absolutely NO CONTROL over any of it!! And to my surprise...I don't want to control it...for the first time in a long time I am letting go.

A funny thing happens when you let go...some things seem to fall into place. I got a job, after many disappointing interviews, a job that would do for a paycheck...but not quite the one I wanted. And so, I kept looking for the job I did want, and I found it! I will be working at "A New Leaf" as a counselor, with children and families. I will be able to get the supervision I need for my future independent license. I will be able to set my own hours, and I will be able to create my own groups. This is as perfect a situation as anyone in my position (just out of grad school) could ask for. I am very excited to begin my new career and I have much to be grateful for.

And so the anxiety of the last post is gone...letting go of the illusion of control is quite liberating! I don't know what lies ahead but I know it will be interesting at the very least. I am looking forward to what ever curve balls may come. The tide is definately changing...at least in me.

3 comments:

elizabeth lawlor said...

CONGRATS!!!:) that is very exciting!!!!

sandkindt said...

I loved this movie, and I loved seeing it with you. Life is definately what happens while you're making other plans...but I am so excited that you are embarking on a new adventure, full of ...everything!

Krista Darrach said...

Looks like a good movie.
Yes, it's quite the freedom when we realize how powerless we are over people, places and things.

It's also great when I realized that God can move mountains and make miracles happen - and I don't have to figure it out.

I don't get to see the end from the begining, but I know I'll be okay - however it turns out.
Glad you're letting go.
Make a God box - sometimes the physical act of writing down our fears and putting them in the box is impowering.
:-)