Saturday, May 30, 2009

my baby's all grown up and savin china....



For those of you who don't know Mulan is my favorite Disney movie. I love the part at the end which I have provided for your viewing pleasure...It is especially poignant to me right now, reminds me of Zoe...(Zoe even played the role of Mulan in our ward's YW/YM movie in a day festival!)

I have felt a bit like MooShoo this week as I sent my baby off to Greece for a fabulous trip that she was fortunate enough to get invited on! She arrived in Athens early this morning (around 2:30) she texted me to let me know she arrived and got herself to a taxi and to her hotel just fine...I know she is 18, but as a mom I can't stop myself from worrying...especially after watching "Taken". Originally we had planned to meet her there in a week and tour through some WWII sites in Europe but when Doug lost his job that plan got canceled. So Zoe had to fly separately from her group because we could not change her flight...Anyway, that is why i was worried. But all is well and I hope she has the time of her life!!

It is a weird feeling when your child becomes an adult right in front of your eyes...I know I am new to the whole empty nest thing but I am not sure how I feel about it yet. Since I only have 3 kids, losing 1/3 of my children is bizarre...

I am excited for Zoe to start her life but I am a bit sad that she won't be physically stationed in my home any longer!! However....space is at a premium in my home so....:) I love you Zoe!!! Most fabulous 1st daughter ever!!

5 comments:

Durfee Family said...

Oh boy do I know how you feel! At least about the kids leaving. I haven't sent my kids anywhere in a plane, let alone out of the country, but I can only imagine the leap of faith it took you!

I hope things change in the "out of work" area soon! You are such a great family! I know you've been under so much stress! Hang in there! What else can you do?! :)

I hope Zoe has the best of time! Keep us updated! Isn't texting wonderful!

Love you!

Krista Darrach said...

Ahh Lynn.
I mirror you're feelings.
Although I'm freaking out about sending Damian on a mission in less than a year.
Although you sound like you're handling this trip to Greece much better than I did when I Put Damian on a plane to Ireland. (his first plane ride ever)
After leaving him with the group in the airport I briskly walked back to my car and sobbed. Feeling pitiful for not being able to hold it together.
When he is gone on his mission... we will truely be empty nesters....then we'll be staring at eachother...but we can parade around in... um...well whatever we want....
There is always a plus side...right?

Lynn said...

there's always an upside!! love you guys--thanks for the encouraging words!

queenbee4 said...

awww.... I'm sorry. She's such a great girl, you should really be proud of yourself- I know a lot of what our kids do is just who they are, and they were who they are before we ever got them, but I like to think we have a little something to do with the end result. (Unless they turn out poorly, then it's totally not my fault)

You're a great mom and she's lucky to have you.

Lily Hye Soo said...

I found your blog!!! and oh my gosh, I would be so frightened to go to greece by myself especially after seeing Taken! It was good to have you guys here! Love you!