Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night...

I thought I would post our family letter this Christmas...it seems that everyone is pretty computer savvy these days so here goes...



 Zoe...Our OLDEST daughter graduated from Mt. View in May. She was fortunate enough to spend 12 days in Greece for a graduation present and then made her way to BYU in June.  Zoe just turned 19 and finished her 2nd semester of college.  She is very lucky to have some very good friends and family that live in Utah. They have been very kind to invite her over for family functions and transport her to and from the airport for her trips home!  Zoe is becoming a beautiful young woman inside and out, we have definitely missed her this year. To find out more about Zoe, just tune into her very own blog @ (beanblogger.blogspot.com)




Holden...the classic middle child! Holden is growing up and just turned 16...yes he will be driving soon, so everyone you have been WARNED! Holden is a sophomore at Mt. View High School. He loves "Block" the most, especially the parties! I think I am more excited for Holden to get his drivers license than he is, so that I don't have to drive him all over from this party to that party...often in the same night!!  While Holden enjoys a good party...sometimes we have to remind him to let loose a bit (why sooo seerriouus!) He loves spending time with family and friends and of course READING!! you can always find Holden with his nose in a good book :)




Maya...is a very SPUNKY child! Maya is the life of any get together...she is happy and helpful and constantly on the move! Maya spends every summer swimming and diving and wants to grow up to be an Olympian some day.  She is well on her way, as she placed 4th in the City dive meet this summer. Maya loves school and is spending her 6th and final year at Entz Elementary this year! I can't believe how fast time flies...Maya has a HUGE heart and is always giving hugs to anyone who needs them.





 Doug and Lynn...this year has definitely had its ups and downs.  About 2 months before I graduated with a Masters degree in Social Work, Doug lost his job. Due to the downturn in the economy and the especially hard hit the Construction Industry has taken, options for employment have been extremely slim.  However, the health/mental health field has taken a slight upturn in employment growth and I have had the opportunity to work as a counselor at A New Leaf with children and families. Most recently I have been offered a job working in Wickenberg at the Rosewood Center for Eating Disorders.  This is a welcome change and will provide a better income and clinical experience while working towards my independent licensure requirements...With all of life's twists and turns, we have not lost FAITH! We have hope in our future, that God is guiding and directing our lives and sooner or later Doug will have a job. For now we have switched roles a bit...but maybe that isn't such a bad thing!


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, with all of God's richest blessings for you and your families.

Love,
Doug, Lynn, Zoe, Holden and Maya

5 comments:

Stephanie Abney said...

Lynn ~

What a perfect Christmas letter!! Cute photos; just enough info on everyone to get us up to date and make us smile. You have a lovely family and Adobe Ward misses you all. Best of everything to the Brimhalls!! LOVE YOU!!

Stephanie Abney

queenbee4 said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing the great photos! Congrats on the new job!!!!

You're awesome!

Durfee Family said...

So fun to read about your family! We love and miss you! Merry Christmas!

Zoë said...

So every time I look at the pictures I took of Maya and I (next to her box) I remember that was when she had lice, but we didn't know it yet. And I get grossed out that my head was so close to hers. Blegh!

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks Zoe! Also think that you didn't get it! At least you are not the one who had to get her long hair chopped off because of stupid lice and nits... I cried!!!
And now I'm thinking of getting a bob again...