Monday, January 18, 2010

Year 42

I must say that I really like having a birthday in January... Not only is it the beginning of a new calendar year, but also a new year in my life here on planet earth. I love words and quotes and I tend to look them up quite often.  When I came across this one by Mother Teressa, I new that these would be my goals for this and many more years to come:



"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. 
 
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."
Mother Teresa
 
I love the HOPE that these words inspire within me... I hope they inspire you as well.



4 comments:

Zoë said...

42 is a lucky number and one of my favorites. Also, there is a good Coldplay song called 42, you should listen to it. :)

Durfee Family said...

Great words to live by!

(PS I Miss You!)

Zoë said...

Ps. In reply to your comment on my post about Spit... You told me the Guthries found her, you never said anything about Darren... Did she lick the antifreeze in his garage or something?

Zoë said...

are you sure that's mother teresa? or is it your 42 year old skin? haha just kidding. love you!