Sunday, October 26, 2008

Silence

I have been thinking about what it means to be silent. Like when you have a conversation with someone and you're just silent, you know those people that go on and on and never let you get a word in. or when people go on and on bombastically as if their opinion is the only one around, and you just don't speak because its just not worth the effort? You all know someone like this. My question is, do you think our silence is taken for agreement in certain situations? or because we are silent that person takes it as a sign that they are "right"? I don't know, i was just wondering what you all might think.

I think growing up in my family, i learned to be silent about a lot of things. Just to keep the peace. But I don't think it is a healthy way of life for either person involved. not for me because everything gets bottled up and not for the other person because they never learn to see things from any other perspective than their own. plus, it can never be an honest relationship, not really.

Well, these are my thoughts. Just putting it out there. SPEAKING UP!