Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!

I took the week off from work to spend some quality time with the family and to sort of "re-claim" my life! It has been so long since I have been able to just relax...and BLOG :)

I love this time of year...when the weather is beautiful and we all remember why we live in AZ...we went to the lake today and BBQ'd. Holden and I sat by the water and read books while Maya swam and Doug got the coals ready to cook the food :) We thoroughly enjoyed spending time together as a family (it has been a while).  We were joined by Grandma Nevie and Grandpa Dwayne, it was fun to be with them and listen to stories of "the old days." We missed Zoe, but look forward to seeing her soonish.

This week I have been able to stay up late and watch movies and tv shows that I have missed....no more DVR :(... I have been reading books and gone shopping with Maya...thank goodness for Old Navy and their 50% of clearance prices!

Yesterday I got to sit outside and enjoy the backyard with a good friend...SOOOO needed that!! I even got a little bit of sun so I don't look like a pasty codfish!

3 more days of freedom!! I want to get a pedicure and a facial, see more movies and read more books...I wish I had a magic wand and could make time slow down...

I am so glad I took this time to spend my "vacation" at home with my family....I didn't realize how much I needed it!

1 comment:

Durfee Family said...

I love how you take the time to enjoy life! I need to learn how to stop better! I did do some crafting I wanted to do, but there are still books and movies to be devoured!!! Oh well, summer will be here soon enough right?