
May 17, The Great Wall
WOW!! The Great Wall was by far my favorite thing yet. It is amazing! I have a video of me climbing it but I don't know how to post videos yet. But check out my Picasa web site for more pictures/videos.
I thought hiking Diamond Head in Hawaii was tough! Its got nothing on the Great Wall!! The walk is so steep and so high up in the Mountains you think you will not be able to get your breath. And the steps are all different heights (deffinately not code Doug). Any ways, it is a truly breathtaking view from the top and one that I will never forget!
We went to a Chinese Acrobatics performance last night, that was fun. It kind of reminded me of Cirque Du Soleil. I have a couple of videos of that as well.
It is such a different culture here, the hardest thing for me has been the smells and the food. But I am amazed at how generous and kind the people are. They have gone out of their way to make us feel as welcome and comfortable as possible.
We are taking the train to Shanghai tonight. It is a sleeping train. 4 people to a compartment---I hope I don't keep them all up with my snoring!!
When I am set up in Shanghai, I will write again--- but this is all for now.
Love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment