Sunday, June 1, 2008

May 19, 2008


May 19, 2008

Greetings from Shanghai!!

We took an overnight train last night from Beijing to Shanghai. We had 4 people to a sleeping car. It was fun, I have never rode on a train before!

We arrived in Shanghai at 7am on May 19. Remember China is 1 day ahead of all of you! Shanghai is a lot like New York. It is much cleaner than Beijing and our hotel room is much more modern.

We met with the students from the University that is hosting us and they through us a welcome party. They are very hospitable and genuinely nice. I have enjoyed getting to know some of them.

We toured their new University and it is beautiful, it is set on a lake and very near the ocean. the grounds look a lot like California, very lush and green.

Tomorrow we are going to see the Botanical Gardens, I am sure it will be beautiful. I will post again tomorrow.

P.S. Doug---A Chinese student told me that my name means "wonderful" in Chinese!!

Love to you all.

No comments: