
May 25, 2008
I have had a very eventful day. I ditched the scheduled events of the group to go to a Shanghai Branch of the LDS church. It was a wonderfully diverse group of Saints, and an experience I will never forget. I even met someone whose Grandfather lives in my home ward!! It really is a small world.
Then I came back to the hotel and caught up on my journaling and emailing and I talked to Doug and Holden on skype. But mostly I was grateful for a break from the group--we have been together non-stop for 2 weeks---so it was a completely peaceful day.
Tonight we got to go to a Chinese student's home for a traditional Chinese meal. Our host family were very gracious and extremely excited to have us in their home. They asked us all kinds of questions about America and our family life at home. This was by far my most treasured and meaningful experience the entire trip. I can not emphasize enough how truly blessed we are to live where we live. I know I take way too much for granted. These people live in the most humble circumstances and would give us the shirt off their back if we needed it.
I found the experience here to be both challenging and rewarding at the same time. It is a trip I will never forget.
I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment