Friday, June 20, 2008


Hello out there in blogland! I haven't written in a while because up until now my sleeping patterns were all out of whack. I have slept through the night for 3 days straight now so I am hoping the jet lag is finally over!

I have been busy taking a summer class and running the kids around to their various lessons. Once June is over, things should slow down for the rest of the summer. I am trying to work in a trip to Utah but not sure if it will work out. I am still hopeful.  

Lately I have been trying to work out and lose weight, because I realized while I was in China, just how limited I have been because of my weight. I could walk and do most things but I couldn't make it to the top of the Great Wall. At that point I made the decision to do something about the weight I have gained.

I am putting it out there for all to see so that I won't loose motivation! I am doing well so far but I know once life gets crazy, it is harder to stay on track. My goal right now is to get healthy enough to be able to go snow skiing with my family at Christmas time. The last time I went skiing w/Doug I couldn't even get down the mountain. I was so angry with myself, because before I got married I was actually a really good skier and I love skiing. So this is my goal! 

I think I might post pictures of myself at 3 month intervals so you all can see my progress. The now pictures are already up from China.  So look for pics in August!

So now that it is out there let me know what you all think! 

1 comment:

rdsorenson said...

Keep doing what you're doing. You can already see a difference. I am so proud of you and your excellent decision. I had the same feelings you've had. First your angry, and then you make up your mind that something has to change. Surround yourself with people who will support you. You're awsome, and you can do this. Keep up the good work.